This year our sew-along features a fun, bright and cheerful, "under the sea" themed 43" x 57" lap-quilt. It consists of nine blocks that range in skill, but is still accessible to an eager beginner. The blocks range in size from approximately 7" x 12" to 15" x 28".
Beginning in September the pattern/instructions for a new block will be released on the 1st of every month. The patterns include comprehensive cutting guides, tips & tricks and step-by-step instructions on how to assemble the blocks.
How It Works
Once registered, you are able to access the patterns/instructions one of two ways:
1-Digitally through this website in the a members-only access SEW-ALONG section*
2-You may choose instead to have the block patterns mailed to you monthly.
Block 1 (September) - the OCTOPUS
Block 2 (October) - the DIVER
Block 3 (November) - the TURTLE
Block 4 (December) - ?
Block 5 (January) - ?
Block 6 (February) - ?
Block 7 (March) - ?
Block 8 (April) - ?
Block 9 (May) -?
A kit is also available for purchase and includes:
- all of the fabric you will need to complete the whole quilt top (4.75 m). The fabric is all high quality Kona cottons in 17 different colours. The fabric comes pre-packaged by block.
- 9 sheets of adhesive labels to help you stay organized while you cut your pieces every month. That's a sheet for every month!
- swatch card sheet to help you identify and select your fabrics as you build your blocks.
- a custom DEEP DIVE SEW-ALONG folder to help you keep your project organized.
- a coupon for 50% off any ART EAST QUILTING CO. pattern
*Please note that if you choose to access the Sew-Along by website, you will not receive anything by mail unless you order a kit.